Please read through the advice and guidelines below. I will have taken great care to protect your skin during your appointment, but it’s important that you continue to look after the waxed area for the next few days to prevent any unwanted side effects.
Please note: slight tenderness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if it’s your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24 – 48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
FACE AND BODY WAXING
During the next 24 to 48 hours:
• Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction
• No hot baths or showers (washing with cool or lukewarm water is fine)
• No saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms
• No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans)
• No sport, gym work or other exercise
• Avoid touching the waxed skin with unwashed hands
• Wear clean, loose fitting clothing
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated water as this can irritate the skin
• Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by me
• To soothe and protect the skin, wash your hands and apply an antibacterial lotion to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment
• Using an antibacterial skin wash or adding a cup of Dead Sea salts to your bathwater will help prevent infection over the next few days, and will also assist the healing process should any pimples appear
PREVENTING INGROWN HAIRS
Ingrown hairs occur when a new hair can’t break through the surface of the skin, this often results in a spot. Shaving and waxing can sometimes cause ingrown hairs, but if you follow my advice it should relieve the situation. I recommend using Ruff Stuff Body Scrubs and the Outback Organics Hand & Body Lotion or Bush Balm. Prevention is better than cure, so use the scrub to get rid of dead skin cells and moisturise to keep skin nourished and let new hairs grow through easily. For women, Ruff Stuff Body Scrubs are safe to use on intimate areas too.
YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
Most people start to notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so, but it may take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. Hair needs to be at least ½cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave the area between your appointments as this disturbs the natural growth cycles, and you’ll be left with stubble. To maintain your smooth appearance, I recommend waxing every 4 to 6 weeks.
To book your appointment please call or email me
T: 07704 168695
Situated in Broadstone.
Exact location provided on appointment confirmation.
Please note my phone is turned off on Sundays.